Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow and Ice

As I mentioned in the last post, there was a snow storm that passed through Atlanta last night, leaving at least four inches of snow covered by a layer of ice. My brother and I were planning to make a snow Totoro, but the ice was too hard to work with. However, we busted out the sled and slid down the road in front of our house. We were whooping and hollering so the neighbors, who are accountants, came out and joined in on the fun. It was really encouraging to see that adults can have fun sledding too.

We also made dinner tonight for the family because we're learning how to cook dishes other than baked goods. Our meal was fishball soup, miso salmon, mango salad, and zucchini bread. The fishball soup was a little too peppery, the miso salmon was not cooked all the way, and the avocado in the mango salad was nearly expired. However, it was still edible and delicious, and we learned our lesson for the next time!

I'm sad, tomorrow will be my last whole day at home before I head back to school. It has been a great winter break spent with the family, and I'll definitely miss hanging out with my brother. At the same time, I'm really excited for next semester! It'll be my last, and hopefully it'll be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment