Monday, January 3, 2011

Inheritance


One red bowl= Feeding one child for a year (Passion Day 3)

"We will inherit the earth and everything in it. So why waste your time trying to obtain it now? Your time is limited." - John Piper (paraphrased)

This was quite convicting. I often find myself in a place where people ask me for a ride to places, but I come up with excuses so that I don't have to waste my gas, money, or time. I try hoarding my resources that I'll be receiving later anyway, silly. I lost sight that 1) God blessed me with a car to be used for caring for others 2) Gas, money and time are also resources that he's left for me to steward for his Kingdom.

What really hit me was the Matthew 25 passage that Jesus says, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." I haven't been treating other people as if they were Jesus. Time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment