Friday, November 20, 2009

What A Man

At the check out at Walmart, there was a 4-quart SAE 5W-20 Pennzoil Motor Oil, oil filter, and 6 pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade on the conveyor belt. It was mine. I looked at my purchases and thought "Wow, I feel like a man." (First time buying alcohol! It is for a friend's 21st bday present.)

I spent the morning learning how to change my car oil, thanks to the help of Dennis. After putting my car on a tire ramp, we drained the oil and went to Walmart to buy the correct oil and filter. Then we got back and changed the filter, closed the drain, and poured in the new oil. Voila! It took about 1.5 hrs, which was longer than we expected, but it was a fun morning learning new skills. Perhaps I can help with auto ministry at New City Workday next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment