Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Teaching Brother How to Drive


I kissed my mom goodbye and told her I loved her as I left the house to teach my 15 year old brother how to drive. He got his learner's permit recently, so I've been given the responsibility to teach him how to drive. We found a huge empty parking lot in front of The Dump, a furniture store only open on the weekends. It was funny because there was a Nathan's Driving School car practicing there too.

My brother did surprisingly well. It was a much smoother drive than when I first learned how to drive.

Lesson 1:
- Check mirrors and seat position
- Buckle seat belt
- Test windshield wipers, turn on lights
- Learn how to break
- Drive forward, reverse
- Turn right and turn left with blinkers
- Park on the right and on the left

I knew this day was coming,and now that it is here, it is exactly what I expected. Looking at my baby brother behind a driving wheel is too surreal. Soon he will be free to roam when he gets a car, and he won't need me anymore. Sigh.

On a completely different note, my second day of work was really fun! I met another DeltaSig in the elevator who graduated from UGA. And for lunch, I went to SAGE with my buddy, the mentor I was paired up with at Nielsen. He's in the same position that I'm in, but he's been here for a year, so he would be able to answer a lot of my questions. Turns out, we have a lot in common, and he's a Christian! I'm super excited to get to know him better and feel really blessed to have him as my mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment