Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cleaning

There's something about cleaning that is just so gratifying. Perhaps it is the feeling of accomplishment, or maybe the perception of order. Anyway, I clean when I'm stressed and have time.

It is funny to see what kind of things that are left laying around. If these things are not dealt with at the moment, they can easily be forgotten and left to rot. For instance, my mom bought me this massive loaf of bread to take for the drive after Thanksgiving. It has been on our shelf for three weeks now and white fuzz colonies have grown on the bread. Also, there are these apples, pears and oranges that I found on top of our refrigerator. They were starting to mold and ferment and were soft to the touch. Needless to say, I threw all that away. I wiped the table tops and fabreezed the room. Much much better.

To look at this metaphorically, there are issues in our lives that we leave unattended. Perhaps a broken relationship, selfish tendencies, different sin issues... whatever it may be, if we don't deal with it as soon as possible, the more likely it will be forgotten and left to rot and ferment. There is no fruit in doing this, but only decay. It'll eat you up.

And Jesus is the cleaner, who comes to take our nastiness and throw it away, to clean us up, and leave us with His beautiful aroma.

No comments:

Post a Comment