Saturday, June 12, 2010

Weekends

I don't think I've ever appreciated weekends as much as I do now.

Working in New York and commuting from New Jersey is just... exhausting. I wake up at 5:45am and catch the 6:30am bus that arrives in New York at 7:40am. After walking about 15 minutes, I start work at 8am and don't leave until 6pm. Then I don't get home until 8pm. By then, I have no energy to do much else.

Thankfully, we get summer Fridays, which means we only work from 9am-1pm. Hallelujah! This past Friday afternoon was super relaxing and was totally what I needed.

Also, today I went to a college/career fellowship BBQ from noon till 10:30pm. So fun! It was surprisingly refreshing to be around nerdy Asian people again.

Oh! And random observation: I was riding the bus in the morning and thought, "You know, there are a lot of different types of people who ride this bus. White men, Asians, African-American women... but its always African-American women who sit next to me." Right after I thought that, a white man looks at my seat and walks past. An Asian woman walked past. And an African-American woman sat next to me. "Good morning!"

No comments:

Post a Comment