Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lay Down Your Life

I've been meaning to post a dream that I had a few nights ago, but haven't gotten the chance until now.

In the dream, I'm standing there and all of a sudden I see this black bear run towards me. I honestly thought I was going to get hurt or die, but it just ran past me. If I remember correctly, it passed me because this bear trainer/park ranger had distracted it and drew it to himself. The bear started suffocating him and the ranger couldn't breathe. Because I was too scared for my own life, I didn't try to help the ranger. He died.

I woke up and was severely bothered by this because I realized that I don't think I can lay down my life for others yet :(

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15: 12-13

1 comment:

  1. This song reminded me of your post :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73kZ6wBoqTk&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete