Monday, May 3, 2010

Nashville

Junior year of high school was the first year that I went on a mission trip. Our church went to Nashville, TN for an alternative Spring Break and it turned out to be one of the most fulfilling weeks in my life. I saw a video of this year's Nashville trip on my Facebook newsfeed. Man oh man, how I desired to be there again. Eating lunch and talking with the homeless, hanging out with old people, sorting food bank boxes, chilling at Centennial Park, and living in community with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ... those were good times.

But I keep thinking about my last post, that where I am now is my mission field. Here, I have the ability to keep long-term relationships rather than brief one-time interactions with people that I'll never see again. Sadly, I'm definitely not using those relationships to the fullest. However, by the grace of God, he still works in people's lives despite how much I've done. And today, I got to witness God do that. Without my prompting, a spiritual conversation arose among the group I was with. It was beautiful. These are the moments that mean so much more with people that you have relationships with than strangers. As I've said again and again, be in the here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment