Monday, April 11, 2011

Lost and Found

You really don't appreciate things until they're gone. Yesterday, I lost my student ID sometime between going to church at 5pm and midnight. Life with a student ID is smooth sailing. The moment that I lost it, I realized that I could hardly do anything: can't use meal points, can't go to the gym, can't get into dorms, can't print out homework, etc. The worst thing was that I've had the same ID since freshman year, until this month, when I've lost it twice. After searching every inch of my room and suite, and back-tracking my path from yesterday, I still could not find my ID. Then I get an email from the mailroom saying that my snapfish photos came in, but without my ID, I wouldn't be able to pick it up. So I decide to go buy a new ID from the Women's Building, but call WUPD just in case someone turned it in. "Hi, my name is Joy and I lost my student ID between 5pm and midnight yesterday and was wondering if anyone turned it in." "Yep, we have it."

YESSSSSSSS BEST NEWS EVER! That totally made my day. I might have even kissed my ID afterward...

The whole scenario reminded me of the lost sheep/coin/son parables, where the person finds their lost object and rejoices over it. Even though I was ecstatic to find my student ID, I would definitely rejoice more over someone deciding to follow Jesus. My prayer is that the lost be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment