Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th Weekend

This past weekend was amazing! Saturday, I went to Hofstra New York Summer Conference for a day to listen to Peter Ong (from Chinese Mission Conference 2007) and Greg Jao (from Urbana 2009). I wish I could've gone for the whole 5 days to get the full experience, but alas I wanted to see the fireworks (see below)! One thing that I got out of it is that there is no such thing as good news unless there is bad news.

Then on Sunday, I hung out with some church folk and had a very nice BBQ then went to watch the Macy's fireworks from Hoboken, New Jersey. We learned the hard way that it is not wise to leave at 8pm when the fireworks start at 9:20pm. We arrived 15 minutes after the show started just to find that our view of the fireworks were obstructed by tree leaves. It was quite disappointing.
Today, a couple WashU kids and I went on a day trip to Wildwood Beach in Southern Jersey. It was really great getting to catch up with these friends and enjoy the cool beach water on this hot hot day.


Along the boardwalk, there's this place called Lime Rickey's, which had waffle ice cream! We got the cookies and cream and mint chocolate chip ice cream, which tasted amazing with the warm Belgian waffle. I'd recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment