Saturday, January 30, 2010

Abundance


I cleaned out my desk today and found:

- 6 Gluesticks
- 7 Sharpies
- 8 Erasers
- 23 Highlighters
- 10 Red and blue pens
- 11 Black ballpoint pens
- 12 Black gel pens
- 8 pack of colored pens
- 1 6-colors-in-one pen
- 31 Pencils
- 11 Stabilo felt tip pens

...that all work perfectly fine. And all of this is in excess or in storage, meaning I don't actively use these everyday. That's pretty ridiculous.

I have to admit, I couldn't help by feel guilty having all of this knowing that there are kids out there who lack the basic necessities in school. I really don't know what to do with it all...

Anybody need/want some writing utensils? I am in abundance which means they are meant to be given away.

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of pens...I forgot to give you the pen you asked me to help you buy :] One more won't hurt :S lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. that argument goes roughly along the same lines as not wasting food because people are starving elsewhere.

    hello

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I believe in that argument too. it doesn't mean anything until you actually go and meet the starving kids and live with them for a week. then you will understand.

    ReplyDelete