Right now my heart is being tugged in two separate directions, and the pain of choosing is almost putting me at the brink of tears.
Originally, I was planning on leaving Atlanta Chinese Christian Church North (ACCCN), the church that I grew up in and served in. However, now that I'm back in Atlanta for good, I'm thinking of finding a church that can meet my spiritual needs better.
Victory World Church Pros (no cons)
- Multicultural: Gives a bigger picture of the Kingdom, and allows me to invite coworkers to church without feeling awkward if they aren't Asian
- Vision: They're super missional locally and globally, care about reconciling cultures, and are passionate and genuine
- Has a solid young adults ministry, Fusion
- Has really challenging messages and rejuvenating worship
- Not multicultural
- Isn't challenging me or feeding me
- Doesn't have a solid young adults ministry
- Not as missional as I would like
- I have previous relationships with people that I grew up with, and it is hard leaving these relationships behind
- After serving as a counselor for 9th grade girls at Shocco this past weekend, I'm realizing how much of a need there is for the youth to know more of who God is and what it means to be in relationship with him. My heart breaks for them!
This decision is so difficult because either way, I will have to sacrifice something. As a wise friend pointed out, both churches have benefits, but I have to give one up even if it's good for the people or good for me.
God, I pray that you would give me peace about this decision!!