Monday, June 20, 2011

Taste of the Real World

I want to say that I got my first taste of the real world today since today was my first day of work! However, I got many tastes of the real world during summer internships when I was working and had to pay bills. So never mind that.

But today's tasting was pretty sweet! Woke up at 6:30am with ample amount of time to get ready to head out at 8am. Had kind of a slow start though since I woke up at a weird time in my sleep cycle. Finally met my boss, who is awesome! She was really welcoming and introduced me to everyone in the office. After teaching me all the basics (outlook, phone, breakroom location, supply closet, etc), we sat down and went over the schedule for the next 8 weeks. I LOVE EXPECTATIONS AND SCHEDULES. She's my type of gal. For real. She likes color coding and lists too!

For lunch, we went out to eat at The Cheesecake Factory and I ordered the lunch Da Vinci Pasta and got to know each other better. Tomorrow, I'm going to lunch with my mentor/buddy who has been in my position for the last year. So far so sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment